Every year, PhotoIreland Festival is made possible thanks to a great team of volunteers at its core. This year is a very special edition of the festival as we celebrate our tenth anniversary and we are looking for enthusiastic and reliable team members to make this edition the most memorable yet.
PhotoIreland Festival will run between May and July in 2019. July sees the busiest and most exciting month with the opening of the Museum of Contemporary Photography of Ireland in Dublin city centre. We are looking for committed members of the team who will help with the installation and deinstallation of exhibitions, distribution of marketing materials, assistance with hosting events including the launch night on the 4th July, and the day-to-day running of the Museum of Contemporary Photography of Ireland for the month of July.
With every edition we welcome new people as well as returning volunteers. It’s a great way to experience behind the scenes of the organisation and management of an International photography festival, to make your contribution, as well as offering a great opportunity to engage with new people and professionals. We don’t take labour or your precious time lightly, so we want to give you something back.
What you get:
- A learning experience into the running of an International photography festival.
- Networking opportunities during events.
- One year PhotoIreland Foundation Patreon membership (For Photography Lovers tier).
- A VIP pass to the Museum, free access to events hosted by PhotoIreland Festival.
- A one-hour consultancy session: this could take form of a portfolio review or an advice session from us, depending on your current practice and objectives.
- A recommendation letter upon request.
To enjoy all of the above, we expect your committed engagement of at least 10 shifts of variable hours for the month.
If you think this is something for you, send us an email to email@example.com with your CV and a short note to tell us about yourself, your availability, and how you would prefer to engage with the festival.